Thursday, January 10, 2008

Player Housing ? Not a Fan


So, I happen to see the reference on WoW Insder to a post on the forums saying that some people aren’t really excited about player housing, and Blizzard acknowledges it.

I have to say that I agree.  I never really found the appeal to it.  Who’s going to come visit my house?  I only semi-decorated back in my EQ days because that used to be how you would sell your goods (at least one of the ways).  I think I only went and visited one guildies house because she and her husband had one of the larger houses.  But to me, it’s just a big money sink.  You have to keep playing the game to keep up with your weekly rent.  Sounds too much like real life to me.

I can see some benefit in the guild housing though.  Let’s say you want to check out where guild X is in there raid progression.  Yes, there’s a lot of external websites that do that these days, but a nice little trophy on the Guild mantle could be kind of cool.  And it’s always nice to have something official as well.  Not a necessity, by any means… but if they have to do some type of housing and then can only do one… I’d vote for the Guild one.

p.s. At one point, there was an awesome suggestion on the suggestion board that had a really cool, elaborate plan for Guild areas with Battlegrounds between guilds and whatnot… it sounded really cool, but I’m too lazy to go search for it now.

1 comment:

DadGuy said...

your PS comment is pretty close to what guild wars is right now I think.