Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flying Mounts and PVP


I know I got it awhile ago now, but I am so glad that I got my flying epic mount.  The speed increase when I’m in Arathi Basin, zooming from node to node is just awesome!  What?  No flying mounts in AB?  Oh… right… That’s just my epic land mount coupled with Slow Fall.

Well, that makes sense.  I mean… it is a pre-BC battleground, right?  So, at least I can mount up on my epic flying mount in Eye of the Storm.  Sure it was released before the Burning Crusade was, but at least Blizzard was planning on flight and integrated it into that battlegrounds.  What?  You’re kidding, right?  I can’t do it there either?

Hmm… well, at least I can head out to Nagrand pvp and bypass the wyvern roosts completely.  And... once again, I can’t do that either.

So, seriously.  What’s the point of having a flying epic mount if you can’t use it in pvp at all?  And don’t even give me that crap about world pvp.  Sure, it kind of works in Nagrand if you want to fly on over to another roost, but that’s about it.  Maybe some servers have gotten into epic world pvp battles in Terrokkar Forest, but certainly not mine.  (At least not that I’m aware of.)

I imagine people have already covered this story, but it still baffles me why we can’t use our flying mounts in Azeroth.  I understand that they don’t want to take the development time to complete all of the land mass.  I’m fine with that.  I’m simply asking that our flying mounts get transformed into land only mounts while we’re in the more restrictive areas of the Old World.  I believe the official Blizzard stance is that the new mounts aren’t meant to be a replacement of your old mounts.  But why not?  If I just go too fast on land in Azeroth… fine.  Slow me down.  It just seems silly to have all of these new, really cool mounts when they can’t be used in ½ the land mass.

At least, on the horizon, there is a whole zone that is completely dedicated to pvp in the next expansion.  I’m sure they wouldn’t ban our flying epic mounts there once we can fly again closer to the new cap.  Right?  I mean… they wouldn’t... right?  Oh no… they just might.

No comments: