Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Big a Fan?


So, this post may be a day late, but with yesterday being the 1 year anniversary of the release of The Burning Crusade, it naturally made me remember what I was doing on January 15, 2007.

I went to sleep very early that night (around 7 or so) with my alarm set for later that evening.  Around 11 pm, I woke up, got on warm clothes and headed over to my local GameStop.  The store was already mostly full with an impromptu line that meandered throughout the store.  But hey… at least I was inside, right?  They started selling them at midnight, and about 12:20, I was driving home to go install the expansion.

There were some issues with my install, and by about 1:20, I was in Outlands.  I played for a couple hours before deciding that I should get a few more hours of sleep before I had to go to work.  While Hellfire Peninsula was pretty busy, it wasn’t extremely packed until the next evening.  I could actually pretty easily do a few quests when I first logged on.  Ah… fun times.

I haven’t attended BlizzCon even though I live in the Southern California area.  The price was just a little more than I wanted to spend, but I think I may attend the next time they have it.  I also live close enough to the 2 Fry’s Electronics that Blizzard had release parties at for the expansion… maybe I’ll go to one of those next time.

I have some Blizzard swag that a co-worker got me from the last Blizzcon.  I have a WLK wallpaper on my computer.  I have a Mage t-shirt from J!nx (thanks again, Elinor).  There’s even an idea to name our unborn child Corin per a suggestion from my wife when we were questing in Eastern Plaguelands.

So, yeah… I’m a pretty big dork.  But if you’re reading this, you’re probably a dork too.  So, how big a fan are you?

1 comment:

Jimbogun said...

Yes, you are a dork. Dang it, by acknowledging that I've read this, I've consented that I am also a dork.