Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Post

Warning: this post has almost nothing to do with WoW. So, those that are here only for Wow stuff can simply move along.

I wanted to publicly throw out a few things that I am thankful for.

First off, I am very thankful for my wife. She's very supportive of me and my "hobby", and she's encouraging in the things that I do. Sure, she doesn't let me play 24-7, but who would want to have a dead-beat father like that anyway?

I am thankful for our guild and the direction that it has gone. We have a great group of people. Sure, everyone has their quirks and whatnot, but I really enjoy hanging out with my friends online. And even though I've only met a couple of them in RL, I'd gladly hang out with any of them if they lived close enough. I am also grateful for all the leaders in the guild. Not just the formal officers (which I would be lost without), but also the ones that don't get an official title, but nonetheless are an integral part of the group.

I am thankful for my children. For the most part, they are a lot of fun. I enjoy their personalities, and sometimes they even play Wow.

I am thankful for my RL friends, and all the guys from Cracked Anvil Trading Co. I wish we all played as much as we did back then, but life goes on, doesn't it?

I am thankful for my readers, and especially the ones that post comments. It's fun when I glance at my visitors every once and awhile, but it's more fun to hear people laughing along side me. (Or at me... take your pick.)

I am thankful for The United States of America. It's such a great land that we live in. Sure, it has problems, but we have so many freedoms here. I am grateful that we can live, worship, and work pretty much however we see fit to.

... and that's about it as far as this blog goes. I am grateful for so many more things... but I think that's about the extent of the things I touch on on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also am thankful for this plentiful harvest of tomatoes that the Lord has bestowed upon me.

~ Aurora