Monday, November 10, 2008

Going Down?

Alright, alright. Get your minds out of the gutter. I'm talking about the Achievement of Going Down? Yeah, see? Nothing bad at all. At any rate...

I hadn't really made a big effort to try to get this achievement yet. Just haven't taken the time to "almost die" as many times as need to be able to fall 65 feet.

When I first heard about this achievement, I thought, "No problem... I have Slow Fall." Then my friends told me that you can't use this spell... nor can you use Levitate (Priest) or other spells akin. But now Spicy Tuna is pointing out that you can use Ice Block to negate the damage, but still fall as far as you like.

So, anyone want to guess what the first thing is I'll be going tonight when I get online? Yep.. that's right... taking my bird really high and dismounting. I'm guessing that this works for Paladin's Bop as well. So all you pallies and mages out there? It's time for some free falling.

10 comments:

GoldKnight said...

Not sure about the Crone's tornadoes, but I got the achievement when fighting High Astromancer Solarian. I was thrown in the air and on the way down was shielded by a priest.

Leiandra said...

Achievement by accident? /shrug

Unknown said...

Yes, it definitely works with the "Immune" pally bubbles, both the self-bubble and Hand of Protection to let someone else jump.

If you are a scryer, scryer rise is a perfect height above the central ring of light, and you can easily get the achievement if you just jump from the right spot of scryer rise.

The pins on this map show where you should jump from. Get on your ground mount (not the flyer), and just run straight off scyer rise, the height is perfect.
http://www.wowhead.com/?maps=3703:615102437607455572

Unknown said...

Oops, clicked on the map one too many times, and it has three pins.
The correct two-pin map is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?maps=3703:437607455572

Leiandra said...

Yeah, that doesn't work too well for my Aldor toons. (And I'd laugh at the people that have tried.)

Hey, I didn't know you could add pins to wowhead maps. Thanks for the tip. :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to help my brother Silverhawke get this achievement and had recently discovered pally bubbles worked. So, we were in Zangamarsh on top of the Telredar (sp?) mushroom city and I told him, "Do you believe brother? Show your faith and jump off this building." He says, "I believe!" and jumps.

As he's jumping off I cast Hand of Protection on him. He then lands on a sub level about 15 feet below. I tell him to jump off to the ground floor. He runs and jumps off it and falls. Well, the timer on HoP had expired just before he hit the ground, so, um, yeah, you can guess what happened next. Man, I wish I had a screenshot.

Leiandra said...

He obviously didn't believe enough.

Anonymous said...

I love the follow up on this achievement. Same thing but you have to be inebriated.

Leiandra said...

I remember seeing that in Beta, did it make release? I didn't see it listed in Wowhead.

Leiandra said...

Nevermind... found it. Looks like it only works during Brewfest though: Drunken Stupor