Friday, July 27, 2007

A New Reign

Last night, we had one goal, and one goal only: to dethrone the Prince. It's so cliché to say that this fight is luck based on the positioning of the Infernals, so I won't say that. I will say that certain positioning makes the fight easier, but I'm guessing that it's rarely unbeatable. That said, it took us a few tries to learn our last little lessons in order to get him down. One really key item is to have somebody always orchestrating the dance of positioning the ranged DPS and the Prince with the tank based on the Infernals. Qamen did a great job watching the incoming meteors, estimating where they would drop, and positioning us accordingly. One of our latter attempts we had him down to about 10% before most of our DPS were killed off, ending with a full wipe at 3%. I think we only had 2 people dead when the Prince actually died.

The [Helm of the Fallen Hero] dropped, giving me a 1 in 4 chance to get my T4 head piece. I out rolled 2 people, and the third person passed. I am now the proud owner of the [Collar of the Aldor]. It looks kinda funny on Leiandra, to be quite honest. But no, you can't have it. lol. I'm also realizing how expensive it is to upgrade my gear these days. After I traded in the token for the head piece, I got the 90g head enchant from the Sha'tar. Plus I had to run out to Allerian Stronghold to buy a [Swift Starfire Diamond] with 8 Spirit Shards (those were "cheap" since I have about 50 just sitting in my bank), and then another 45g to get a [Glowing Nightseye]. If I hadn't done all that, the [Spellstrike Hood] would have been a better piece. I'm not complaining, just telling what I did.

This week has been really good to me as far as loot goes. I got the [Gloves of the Fallen Hero] (by default since the other two mages had it and we didn't have any warlocks or hunters in the group that night) off of the Curator. That translates into [Gloves of the Aldor], but I don't think it's worth it to use those and give up my [Spellfire Gloves] and the set bonus there. By some charity, I got the [Mantle of the Mind Flayer] off of Shade of Aran. I got the [Brooch of Unquenchable Fury] off of Moroes. And I hit exalted with Violet Eye, so I can now exchange my ring for the best ring from them (which again will cost me in enchanting mats to put the +12 Spell Damage on it).

I'm really excited about the loot, but I'm even more excited that we're progressing, downing more bosses, and gearing up to take on even more bosses. Next week we should start 2 Kara groups again. And then we'll see what we can do in Gruul's Lair on Saturday night. It'll be fun to see everyone else get purpleized as well. Until next week!

1 comment:

DadGuy said...

You have gotten some serious gear in the last while. Congrats!