Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Heroic Slave Pens with a Side of PVP

After falling a bit short on numbers for a Kara run last night*, we decided to take 5 of us and have fun in Heroic Slave Pens. Trodar and I got to the meeting stone first, and Trodar decided to have some fun with the Horde that were sitting out there. So, he flagged himself pvp as bait, and waited for the 3 of them to attack. Sure enough, they took the bait and attacked him. I started in as well, but the 3 of them got us. Thellonious, Davecrocket, and Encore were still on their way while Trodar and I ran back. (Of note, they've moved the graveyard to Coilfang Reservoir a bit closer so it's not as painful to ghost back.) With the 5 of us (and their ranks had swelled to at least 6), we pretty easily mowed through them, and then went into Steamvaults by mistake. We buffed up, ran back outside to enter Slave Pens, and then killed them again as we changed instances.

I find that I'm actually enjoying PVP for once. I've got some decent gear that seems to put me on par with other people, and the PVP that I've been doing lately has been with a good group (including a healer) that knows how to PVP and communicate. So, who knows... on some of the days off of Karazhan, maybe I'll play in some of the battlegrounds a bit.

Anyway... we then started on Slave Pens of the heroic variety. The last and only time I've done Slave Pens, we may have been a bit undergeared. Each pull was just painful. We were getting through it through many wipes. Sometimes we'd have to kill 1/2 the group, die, come back, and then kill the other 1/2 the group. It made for a long evening. After a long time fighting like that, and after killing 2 of the 3 bosses, we had decided that we had had enough, and we called it quits.

That was the last time. Last night, however, was a completely different story. We pranced through the instance with relative ease. Yeah, we had a death here or there, but no wipes. Myself, I'm pretty squishy, so I think I died the most. (Note to self: need more stam gear.) But it was a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge. But when it feels like you're beating your head against the wall, like it did last time, it's kinda no fun. There were a number of challenges last night, we just dealt with them well, and overall, it was a very smooth run.

Quagmirran dropped the Pauldrons of Mighty Magic which we sharded with no Shaman in our group. I was really shooting for the Boots of Blasphemy... I guess I'll have to run it again.


*We'll be reverting to 1 group in Kara with others doing Heroic instances until we can get a few more people that are on consistently.

2 comments:

DadGuy said...

I am up for a heroic anything in coilfang reservoir. Only about 16k mor erep to go until I can buy earthwarden. =)

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed world PvP more than BGs or Arena, its much more spontanius.