Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WoW Miniatures Game - Intro

So, I'll admit that I'm not really a huge fan all things Wow. Just because something puts World of Warcraft on it, doesn't make it an instant hit in my book. There's actually even a few things I ignore out there. (Okay... not much, but there's got to be something, right?)

Well, there were so many things that I could have spent money on at BlizzCon. I had no desire to spend 5 hours in line for the BlizzCon store. It just didn't seem worth it to me. I walked by the vendors for 2 days, and had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to spend money at all. Then during one of my ear drum breaks during L70ETC, I walked by the Upper Deck booth again. Looked at the miniatures again. Saw the detail (for the first time), and actually got interested in them.

"Well, if they're not too much, maybe I'll buy some," I thought. Oh wait! It's a game too? Well... I don't have anyone that would want to play it with me. It would probably end up like the TCG packs that I have. Cool game. Lots of fun. Nobody that lives close enough to me that I would play it with. But then my justification mode set in: Well... they are cool figures. And I could keep them at work if nothing else. $25 for the starter set and then $15 for 3 more. Since I didn't spend much money (even the food I brought a ton from the grocery store), I guess I can justify it.

I hummed and hawed, and as we were leaving, my last possible chance, I decided to wait in the short line to buy a starter set and a booster set. $40 out the door. The starter set comes with Ruby Gemsparkle, Vindicator Hodoon, Gorebelly, and Lotherin. I'll take the next few days to show off the other 3 miniatures I got with my booster pack. As far as I can tell, these will be exclusive: I haven't been able to find pictures of them anywhere else out on the web. So, stay tuned to get a sneak peak of a common, rare, and epic miniature.

No comments: