Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lady Vashj Down

The Burning Crusade content past 3.0.2 patch is kind of a joke. Don't get me wrong, it still takes some coordination, but mostly the break-neck speed in which bosses die is just silly. We killed Lurker on our way to Lady Vashj, and he was at 50% before his first dive. The trash mobs that we used to solo kill are now all rounded up and Aoe'd.

Lady Vashj herself was a little bit of a challenge, but it was really more of a communication thing. Who's picking up this strider? Who's got the core? Where do I pass it? On our 3rd attempt last night, she was dead. Great job to Faytlynn for leading that one. I'm proud of our kill, but at the same time, saddened that we didn't get in more attempts before patch 3.0.2. (I think this is only our second night of attempts.) It's almost like I want to put it back on Heroic mode so that we could have the honorable kill, and not the easy mode. I know we could have done it. Oh well... at least she's dead and 1/2 of my Vials of Eternity quest is done.

It's kind of along the same lines as when a week ago, an ex-guildie whispered me to tell me that he had just downed Illidan. "So what?" I thought. First of all, I didn't care (he left on semi-bad terms, but also hadn't whispered me once since he left), and secondly, I knew it was less of an accomplishment.

The guild's pumped to be raiding again, so we'll see how far we can push in content before November 13th. Who knows.. maybe we'll be killing Illidan shortly. lol.

No comments: