Monday, October 27, 2008

Commited to Professions

In truth, since Wow 3.0 (or 3.02 if you want to get technical), I haven't been on Beta and in Northrend much. I've been too busy doing achievements, trick or treating, killing the Headless Horseman, and battling the scourge. I even went and killed Prince Tenris Mirkblood in Karazhan. (Had never walked up those steps past Attuman before.) And it was kind of fun because it was learning a new boss, not just your standard tank and spank, and it made me think more about all of the instances that I will need to start learning in just a few short weeks.

Then there was an incentive to skill up my Tailoring a bit more since a guildie had sent me a whole bunch of Frostweave Cloth. I burned through it in no time flat, and didn't even hit 400. It got me thinking about how much cloth will be used to hit 450. Furthermore, how much cloth did I use to get to 375?

If you look at Highlander's post on leveling professions over on the EU boards, you'll see that in order to get your Tailoring from 300 to 375, you'll need, roughly, the following materials:
  • 2,880 Netherweave cloth
  • 210 Arcane Dust
  • 30 Netherweb Spider Silk
  • 45 Rune Thread
  • 20 Knothide Leather
Now, looking over at the Guide forum post by Thinkpad, to get from 375 to 450 it will take the following materials:
  • 7,225 Frostweave Cloth
  • 780 Infinite Dust
  • 175 Eternium Thread
I doubt I'll follow those materials exactly. For the 405-415 section, I don't think that 5 Duskweave Wristwraps will net you 10 skill points. Thinkpad also has you skilling up your last 10 points creating 50 Frostweave Bags. If you create the other bags instead of those, you might save 600 or so cloth, but you'd also have to worry about cooldowns and a few other mats such as Eternal Fire.

But regardless of which path you take. That's a lot of materials. I had forgotten how much cloth I had "spent" skilling up to 375... twice. (Once on my wife's toon... I took care of all of her professions.) And now it will be almost 3 times the mats to get to 450. With no reputation discount, that will be 525 gold in thread alone! Not to mention all the money it will cost to learn the new spells. Wow... I better figure out how to make a profit out of this somehow. lol.

No comments: