Monday, October 6, 2008

Help! Where's the Zero?

I guess this is me getting old? It starts off with something simple, and then pretty soon I'm having to call my great, great grandson over to ask him how to dial the phone. But here's my question:
How do I enter a 0 (that's a zero) in a text message?
My phone is the Nokia 6555 phone. When I press the 0 key, it makes a space. I tried to "Insert symbol", and the 0 isn't there. Do I just cheat and use a capital Oh? Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions.

(And if your suggestion is "Buy another phone", then my response is: buy me another phone. I went for free, so maybe that's just what I get.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To change from the letter to number mode, press and hold #, and select Number mode.

Trollin' said...

Hit 1 a whole bunch of times. After a whole bunch of punctuation, you get 1 and then 0, then more obscure punctuation/symbols.

Gwaendar said...

Otherwise and even simpler, press 0 a second time quickly after you had a space and, just as with normal numbers / letters, it should transform the space into a 0.

Anonymous said...

Press and hold zero

Leiandra said...

Oh man! Gwaen and Trollin' totally let me down. The first post and Bloera's suggestions work for my phone. Not to say that the other two don't work on your phone, but...

Thanks for the help, all. I knew I could count on my loyal readers. lol