Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Awe Inspiring

While our guild has been downing Zul'Jin in ZA for quite some time now, I personally hadn't made it past Malacrass. Granted it's been quite a while since I've been in ZA, so I'm sure I could have done it a long time ago had I been in a proper group.

Last night, we again didn't have enough to go play with the 25-man's, so we headed in to ZA. In the back of my mind, I figured maybe we'd get super lucky and finish all of the time tests and one of the bear mounts would drop for us. So, one of my officers (who was actually already saved) and myself picked out the group that we thought would do well in there. (I didn't tell him about my bear aspirations, we'll just keep that secret between us, kk?)

We killed the Eagle boss (or, as was later referenced over vent: the owl boss), within the 20 minute easily. We now had 15 minutes to take down the Bear. We had a few badly timed silences that caused one of the tanks to go down at about 15% health left or so. Shield Wall, Last Stand, and a little bit of luck left us killing the Bear with a few minutes to spare.

Quickly head on over to the gauntlet and then the Dragonhawk boss. 20 minutes is plenty of time, right? The boss was done almost flawlessly. Our paly tank let all of the eggs on one side pop. Then on the next egg-popper guys, the other side was cleared. We killed him shortly after his mini-enrage timer.

Alright! Let's move on to the Lynx boss. (Not to be confused with the Linux boss. (Inside joke)) What? No new timer? You have got to be kidding me. We're given only 20 minutes to kill 2 bosses? Yeah... I guess I didn't read up on that, or it had just been too long. The rest of my group knew that was the case, I was just the noob there.

But Wow! There's guilds that will take down those 2 bosses in 20 minutes? That's just impressive. I'm not even sure how else to write that.

Moving on with our night. We killed Malacrass without any problems. Then I started lagging bad. I realized just before we pulled that it was because my wife was uploading photos (sigh). So, I was of little help to that fight. But we got him down to like 10% or something. So, I got to see all of the fights and abilities... I just didn't get the loot. Oh well... it was neat to see everything except the actual death. lol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think they expect you to have some time left over from the first 2 bosses to use toward 3 and 4.

Leiandra said...

I could have sworn that it "resets", so you don't get the benefit of faster kills from the first two bosses. In other words, if you kill the first boss in 5 minutes, you still only have 15 minutes to kill the next boss. But I guess I'm wrong.