Monday, June 9, 2008

Civilization 4

So, the guy came out on Friday to let me know that my modem is fine (that's actually kinda what I figured), but that the problem is with the connection outside and the Installer didn't ground the wire or something. Still not sure how the connection lasts a solid week, and then now is all haywire, but whatever. Maybe one of the wild bunnies in the area knocked it loose or something. /sigh. So, the Installer is scheduled to come out tomorrow.

You know, if I was at the point of possibly burning out on Wow, now might be the perfect opportunity to make my break. lol.

To fill my gaming time, I was going to play Sid Meier's Pirates, but since we only 1/2 unpacked stuff in the new house (since we'll move again in about 2 months), I'm not sure where all of my computer boxes are. (I may have found the last one this morning as I was frantically looking for a usb cable to hook up the computer before leaving for work.) And so I didn't find Pirates. I did find discs to Civilization 4 though, so I've been playing that.

The one thing that I really appreciate about Wow is the built-in clock. I even live in and play on a PST server, so I don't have to get a mod that will alter the time for me. But Civ 4 is the ultimate "just one more move" game, and being without a clock, I find myself sucked in and losing pretty much all concept of time. I just need to build this one improvement, or take out this one city, or discover this one technology. Things like that happen and I find myself thinking, "hmm... maybe I'm a bit tired, I guess I'll go to bed," at 2:30 in the morning when I was just going to play a few turns. lol.

Yep, I'm a video game addict/junkie. But honestly, I generally don't lose track of time like that in Wow. So, I'm actually very grateful that I've got my addiction in check... sorta. lol.

3 comments:

Sushiboy said...

You can tell Civ4 to alert you after you have been playing a certain amount of time, and if I remember correctly at a certain time. Not that you wanted to know that.

Leiandra said...

Actually... that's really good to know. I don't remember that from back when I played (and I even read through the encyclopedia that is a user's manual.) But maybe they added it in a patch, or I just don't remember. At one of my actual online times over the weekend, I got the latest patch for Civ 4. I'll have to check that out in the options or whatever.

Anonymous said...

Freakin Mongols!!! Why do they always attack when I'm recovering!