Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fast Track Through Level 69

My wife and I burned through a ton of quests on Sunday night and got half way through level 69. We've been questing in Netherstorm, so that's where I'm going to focus today.

I've spent a good deal of time out in Kirin'Var Village. That's the area East by South-East of Manaforge Coruu. Most of my time there has been to farm the Mana Seekers and Mageslayers for Motes of Mana on Wizard Row. It's a great place to farm because they are the object of A Fate Worse Than Death, so that means that the more people there farming/questing, the faster the respawn rate. I don't think I've ever had to wait for another mob to kill like I have for other farm spots. But the better questing spots start South and East of there.

There are 4 named mobs in the area. They are: Abjurist Belmara (South of Wizard Row), Battle-Mage Dathric, Cohlien Frostweaver, and Conjurer Luminrath (all East of Wizard Row). So, the easy part is that you kill each of them, loot the quest items, place them back in their proper spots in Wizard Row (preferably as you're doing the other quests in the area, like the one I mentioned above or The Unending Invasion), and then turn them in to Custodian Dieworth. BAM! 12k experience each. That's 48k just for killing 4 mobs. If you do A Fate Worse Than Death as well, that's another 12k, so a total of 60k that can easily be done in about 15-20 minutes.

We started just barely having dinged 69 (oh that's right.. we need to go to trainers), and ended the session in just a couple hours half way to 70. So, if you're looking to quest for experience or gold (at 70 you get 7g each), I'd make sure you do these relatively easy quests.

No comments: