Thursday, June 5, 2008

Soapbox: ISP Failure

Last night, I had 3 guildies come over to my house, and we had a little LAN party for the raid. The raid itself was craptastic, but I won't bore you with those details. About 10 minutes after we ended the horrible raid, my Internet connection died... again.

So, now that's Monday night it failed and mysteriously came back on Tuesday morning when I called them. A failure on Tuesday night which I reset my modem to fix. And a failure on Wednesday night, which they're sending a tech out to look at it. Oh, did I mention that they didn't restore service last night? grrrr.

I was a bit upset, and probably a little rude when the tech told me they could get somebody out on Saturday. I called again this morning and got the appointment moved up to tomorrow. And if they get time, they'll stop by today. But that still means most likely no Wow tonight.

That's the suck. And I don't even have my surround sound hooked up to enjoy Rock Band. I suppose I could dig out some old PC game or something. Anyone have any that I can download? Oh, oops.. nevermind. Well, we do have National Treasure 2 from Netflix that I haven't seen yet. So, I guess there are other things that I can do. But... but... I'm so addicted. What will I do. lol.

I am a little disappointed because I was looking forward to questing with my wife tonight. Hey, it's our quality time. But since we do have other interests (quick, what are they again?), I'm sure we'll figure out something to do.

Oh, and the party? It was a lot of fun. After the connection died, we went swimming (well, 3 of us), and talked for a long time. I think I got to bed somewhere around 2 or so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pirates ftw!

Anonymous said...

You can always play that Mech Warrior 4 game you still have. :)

Leiandra said...

Hey! I gave MechWarrior 4 back. Didn't I?

Anonymous said...

Well, at least the Mech warrior 4 box and instructions. lol

Leiandra said...

Oh yeah.. umm.. maybe I'll find it tonight after playing some Civ 4 for a bit.