Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

First off, for any of my guildies that read the blog: Awesome job on one-shotting Al'ar last night. Way to bring the "A" game.

Secondly, I need to preface this post with a bit of insight to me, for those that don't know me. For a lot of reasons in a lot of different categories, I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I never have, and I never will. I won't go too far off in a tangent about why, but I don't. I recognize that a lot of people in my guild do these things, and that's okay, per se, as long as they don't dork up the raid because of these things. Now... on to the post.

During last night's raid I realized that "tomorrow" (which is actually today) is Cinco de Mayo. As far as I know, there's basically two major drinking holidays here in the United States. One would be Cinco de Mayo and the other would be St. Patrick's Day. I suppose you could technically count Oktoberfest as well, but that's kind of a whole month... so probably doesn't fit here. This isn't an anti-drinking post, so if you want to go out and get drunk, then have fun poisoning your body and be safe (designated driver and whatnot).

The reason that this is such bad news to me is based on our last major drinking holiday. On St. Patrick's Day of this year, we had Gruul's Lair on farm, but that specific night was horrible. In our DKP heading for that night, it's called Wipe-fest in Gruul. We got through it eventually, but we usually did Gruul and Mag in the same night. That night, our raid performance was so bad that we didn't even go in to Mag's.

I brought up this concern last night to the raid saying something like "Oh no... everyone's going to be drunk tomorrow. Should we even raid?" The response was something like, "Most of us are drunk nightly anyway." I'm sure it was in jest. If not though, I really feel sad for those people. There's obviously a difference between buzzed, drunk, and completely smashed. I'm hoping that those that drink are just buzzed. Otherwise, I'd probably classify nightly drinking/getting drunk as an alcoholic.

So, we're going to attempt to raid tonight. But if we have difficulties doing our 3/4 "clear" of The Eye by killing Void Reaver, there's no way I'm headed into SSC to attempt Fathom-Lord tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must speak Portuguese because in Spanish it's spelled "Mayo"...just FYI:)

Leiandra said...

Umm... yeah. Fixed.