Friday, December 14, 2007

Don't Be An Idiot


I was thinking a lot about an article over at The Forgotten Monk.  As much as it applies to WoW, it basically said, “Know when to give up.”  His last line is “Don’t be an idiot.”

To 10 people running into Gruul’s Lair expecting to kill High King Maulgar and Gruul, let alone the first trash mob, I’d say, “Don’t be an idiot.”  Now, granted these 10 people may not have a clue what the instance is, so they may just be uninformed, but isn’t that basically what an idiot is?

But for my focus, I’m going to pretend that I’m not an idiot.  Yesterday’s Heroic of the Day was Shattered Halls.  I was minding my own business, hanging out in Shat when I got a random whisper from a guy asking if I wanted to do Shattered Halls.  Turns out two of the guys were from a guild that’s rated top 10 in progression for alliance and the hunter they got is from the top guild on our server.

To make a long story short: We had some difficulties with the instance, but when we lost our main tank, none of us could readily find an easy replacement.  We could have grabbed some random PUG, but we were all pretty tired.  In a group decision we decided that the 2 badges that we got would be sufficient for the night.

Kind of along the lines of what Jimbo posted in the comments yesterday… get the right gear for the right instance.  Use the Badge Gear to your advantage.  Oh, and don’t be an idiot.  ;)

No comments: