Friday, October 12, 2007

Stinkin' Badges

So, I've been kind of trying to avoid Heroic Instances lately. Besides the elusive [The Black Stalk], which really only provides a small upgrade, I don't have much of a reason to run Heroics. (And now that they fixed the Black Stalker Speed runs, or so I hear, I want to do that one even less.) "Badges", you say? Yeah, I could get the fire resist gear, but I really don't see much advantage to it atm. And the rest of my gear is pretty much better than what Badge rewards I could get.

Oh, I'm not selfish. I'm still in there quite a bit to help out guildmates. Just if there's a way to get out of it, I'll find it.

There's still a couple of things that I want. For example, I want the [Pattern: Spellstrike Pants] that drops off of Murmur. And until last night, I still needed rep from Lower City (hence part of the reason for the Sethekk Halls run the other night). I'm not exalted with all of the "instance" factions except the Caverns of Time folks. But one BM run should take care of that. Oh, and the Consortium... I need rep with them, so I'm always open to Heroic Mana Tombs.

But, alas, I knew Blizzard would find a way to make me go back into Heroics. (Of course, it may just be the "easy" badges from Mechanar. Of course, they all spend the same, right?) In patch 2.3, there's a whole slew of new items that can be purchased from the badge vendors. And, wouldn't you know it, most of them are upgrades to me. Of course being about 75 badges for each piece, it'll force me to be back in a lot of heroics. The other good news though is that badges will now drop from Kara bosses (there's some "easy" badges for our group now) and in Zul'Aman. I still help out with Kara as the situation demands. And I'm sure I'll be in Zul'Aman a lot once that comes out.

1 comment:

DadGuy said...

I will definitely be mor einterested in heading back to kara with the badge drops. Too bad it just starts now after half of us have our gear out of there.