Monday, June 11, 2007

Phat Lewt and... Murlocs?

First off, the results for this past weekend:
Again, I'll point out how important the right group is for raiding. We downed Attumen on our first try, we downed Moroes on our first try, but we had some troubles with the Maiden of Virtue. Our group ended up consisting of 1 of each class but 2 warriors. Healers were priest, pally and shaman. Our problem came from the Maiden's Holy Fire, which for the record does Fire damage and not Holy damage. (I wish people would stop arguing with me about that. Yes, yes... the name is misleading, but I've seen it on my combat log too many times to have people tell me otherwise.) Well, it does 3000-3500 damage initially and then 1750 damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. The beautiful part is that the dot can be dispelled by a priest. Well, with only 1 priest, we suffered distance issues and there was no way that the 3 healers could keep all of us up. We then tried the Opera event (more on that in a second), and went back to the Maiden with a shadow priest in our group (the lock sat out), and we downed her on the first try. Some tasks can be by multiple classes (undead CC by hunters or priests), but others need to have a specific class... no substitutions.

The Opera event we got was Oz. It's rough. 5 mobs albeit that spawn at different times, but it completes complete and utter pandemonium. Unfortunately, after we decided to call it quits because we didn't even come close, I found another strategy that I think would have worked for our group. /sigh. Oh well... maybe next week. Oh, and scheduling was a problem, so we did that all on Friday night. Saturday night was a no-go for a Karazhan group.

Lewt:
Gloves of Dexterous Manipulation, Stalker's War Bands, Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose, Idol of the Avian Heart, Emerald Ripper, Gloves of Centering, and Bracers of Maliciousness.

Murlocs:
Okay, so maybe I'm just a parent that hears what he wants to, but my 1-year old daughter (3rd child) is talking a lot. She has a more guteral sound to her speech than our other two children. At first we said it sounded German, and then more Russian. But yesterday when she was upset after we took away a pencil from her, it hit me. She sounds almost exactly like a Murloc! I'll see what I can do to get a sound file of her. It doesn't go up and down the scale like a "normal" murloc battle cry, but I'm sure they'd be able to understand it. lol.

No comments: