Friday, August 8, 2008

Now for Something Different

In World of Warcraft, I'm somewhat of a sight see'er. I enjoy seeing things such as the top of Iron Forge, and then being able to jump from IF all the way to Menethil Bay (via Slow Fall of course). I enjoy seeing things such as the homage to Rio de Janeiro down in Booty Bay and the huge amounts of energy flowing throgh the Mana Forges up in Netherstorm. Blizzard has done a fine job creating breathtanking scenaries in Azeroth, Outlands, and now Northrend.

In looking at the new zones from the official wow site, there are movies for Dragonblight and Grizzly Hills. And while screen shots of Brean Tundra and Howling Fjord are cool, the video experience of these zones is so much more impressive. It almost gives me goose bumps.

It reminds me of when I first saw footage of flying mounts, and how much I got exicted about those. I get some of the same thrill thinking about the new pvp zone, Wintergrasp, and how you'll be able to get in seige engines and transport your friends. Or the double or triple mounts (maybe I don't have to buy an epic mount for my wife afterall).

Or the polished state of many of the dungeons. Walking in to Van Cleef's boat the first time... just Wow!

So today's question that I'll be asking your input in is this: What is your favorite zone for pure asthetics?

Mine is probably Terokkar Forest minus the Auchindoun. I just really love the trees around there. And some of the structures remind me of a mini-Ewok village. Although Nagrand is a close second with all the waterfalls that come out of rocks floating in mid air (I love waterfalls). I'll stray a little bit here and say that my favorite zone to level in is currently Azuremyst Isle. I think the scenery is cool, but they did some really great, fun quests there as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zangamarsh is cool looking!

DadGuy said...

Probably either Ghostlands, just after the blood elf starting area, or the area around darkshire.

I think that shadowmoon valley is pretty cool as well.

Blizzard did a lot of cool areas. They could benefit more with more content in some o fthose areas to make you stop and look a bit more sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I like feralas.

Everytime is see the waterfalls that come off the floating isles in Nagrand I think "where does the water come from?". It breaks my suspension of disbelief. Its a curse to be a realist.

Leiandra said...

Not that it's not a common topic of the "favorite zone", but I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on Alex Ziebart over at WoW Insider.

Just two days after I post this, he's posting his Favorite Outland Zone. Hmm....

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/08/10/breakfast-topic-favorite-outland-zone/

Oh, and I like the "mystery" of the water. Dude... it's magic. lol.

Rusty said...

I have to agree with the first poster about Zangarmarsh. Now, it might be just because it's the next zone after Hellfire, but I've always viewed it as cool and refreshing....ahhhhhhh. /sigh....it's always a relief to get there.

Dax