Thursday, May 28, 2009

Translating EQdkp-Plus

So, one of the mods for our web site that I've been playing with for months now is EQdkp-Plus. It's a pretty spiffy DKP handeler/tracker, and there's a lot of great features in it as well.

The major reason that I've played with it for months and not implemented it was because a lot of my testing of stuff like this goes on at work. (Believe it or not, it is slightly work related.) Long story short, I spent a lot of time trying to get my local machine to get through our proxy's here at work so that I could even install EQdkp-Plus. I wanted a protected environment where I could work out all the kinds. But since I could never figure out the reverse-proxy, I ended up throwing it up on our guild site in a test directory.

At any rate... that's not the point. The point is, is that they're looking for help. They're looking for people to help translate EQdkp-Plus to other languages.

Now the product itself is free, but comes with banners. For a donation of 10 Euros (about $14 at present), you can get a key to unlock that. For over 50 Euros, you get access to next versions, and for over 100, you get free support.

OR...

If you help translate now, you get a free Developer's Key which means that you have access to it all. So, if you know a foreign language, go over and help out here. The scary thing is, I'm at least one of the people that is a validator for Portuguese. Hope there's not huge differences between the Brazillian Portuguese I know and the Portugul Portuguese that some of the European people might be using. Furthermore, I hope I can remember enough to be accurate. lol.

No comments: