Monday, April 20, 2009

Argent Tournament: Improved Jousting Strategy

I'm not one day away from becoming a Champion for Stormwind. Why am I so pumped about these quests? I honestly have no idea. All I can say is I'm having fun doing it. Heck, I even logged some hours to improve reputations (Dranei starting area ftw) with the home cities. They're now all Revered.

BUT... as I was jousting this weekend to continue the dailies, I realized that there's a different component that I use when jousting. For the NPC's, I actually let the walk away so I can charge them. (Spam that 3 button!) Sometimes they take down one of my shields, but I just put it back up. Circle around, and then spam that melee attack again. It makes the almost stale-mate strategy move just a little bit faster.

Another word on the shields. They last for 60 seconds. That's it. If you don't lose a shield, you have to remember to refresh them. I almost lost a duel yesterday because I forgot to refresh my shields (even though I had all 3). So, I ended up with no protection and saw my health quickly declining. The NPC was actually even ahead at around 20% health. But I just kept to the charge-spamming and steady decrease in his health.

No comments: