Thursday, January 22, 2009

One Hundred Pushups

I really don't have any type of fitness program going on right now. I play football with friends every other Saturday, and that's about the extent of things. I was reading Dammerung's post over at Two and a half Orcs, that linked to HundredPushUps.com. For those that don't want to click the links (or are too lazy), it's basically a plan to get you motivated so that in 6 weeks (results may vary), you can do 100 push-ups at once. I figured I'd try it out just for the heck of it. I'm weak, I know it. But my wife and I thought it would be fun to do together.

So, the night before last, we sat down to see how many push-ups we could do to see where we entered the plan. I pulled off enough where I should actually start at week 3 (23 push-ups), but my wife (who was doing the real ones, not the girly ones) came in at 19, so I'll do the first 2 weeks and keep on track with her.

(Oh, and man was I scared when she seemed to still be going strong at 15. I thought for sure there was going to be complete embarassment as she passed me up.)

So, we'll start next week, 3 days per week doing the push-ups and in 6 weeks, we should be able to do 100.

It's been years since I've really worked out at all. I'm glad my memory isn't good enough to remember back in High School when I'm sure I could do a heck of a lot more than that. But I invite all those reading to go check out the HundredPushUps web site. Maybe we can have some general motivation between bloggers (and readers) so we can all hit 100. Yep.. nothing to do with Wow here, but it's a good thing anyway. So, do your test today... we're starting push ups on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol

I'll pass, but thanks anyway. I am way too lazy and my arms are way too skinny to support my body.

Imagine T-Rex trying to do a pushup lol...maybe not that crazy, but you get the point =D

GL on your goal!

Anonymous said...

Heh. Let's hear it for RL fitness! I appreciate the motivation -- I'll try this. I think I've been spending a little more time on my toon's fitness than my own lol.