Monday, January 5, 2009

3.0.8 Enchanting Changes, Yeah! Wait... but...

If you follow the good folks over at MMO-Champion at all, you know that there's some changes coming to the Enchants that they've posted about. Overall, I think it's a great thing. Almost every WOTLK enchant has had the mats lowered, making it far more affordable and reasonable to enchant all of your gear. 30 to 40 dust on some of those enchants was just out of control if you ask me. So, yeah for easier gear enchants!

But this is really a fix for the community as a whole. They obviously looked at the profession and thought, "something's not right here", and fixed it. But what about the part of the motivation to hit 450? I've got buddies that are there, so there's even less motivation for me. I hit 400, I can do the ring enchants... now what? Drop a ton of mats to hit 450 for what?

I suppose there's the economy side of it. I can put all my enchants on the AH via vellums. And then I can make a ton of money on all those enchants that require 450 skill. Oh wait... there's none of those. So, still no motivation to hit 450 here. Oh well... I'm sure everything will be "fixed" in 3.1, right? Right? Who's with me? *crickets*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup no motivation to hit 450 on JC or Inscription either. Engineers have the guns and mount to motivate them.

I'm actually waiting on my enchants for the patch now. I would never enchant a blue cuz it was too expensive. Now I actually might.

Leiandra said...

... or Tailoring or Alchemy or Leatherworking or Blacksmithing. As far as I can see, Engineering is the only profession that there's a "need" to hit 450. And even those are BoE, so it's not like you need to have hit 450 for any reason really.

And not enchanting a blue if you're raiding is a whole other topic. I won't go there right now. But yes, you should have them enchanted. :)

Anonymous said...

but then again, If most people have this mindset, theres gonna be nearly nobody at 450 skill in anything.

Michael Johnson said...

Does anyone else feel like Blizz didn't quite get done with Wrath before the release date? There's a dearth of raid-content, and many of the professions are lacking some of the usual Blizzard 'polish'. It's still a very fun expansion, but it feels like they're slacking on some of the basics.

Leiandra said...

@ Drazmor: Is that a bad thing? I hit 440 in tailoring because I was making bags for people. And I only need 5 more points once I'm honored with Sons of Honir (which I haven't even done the questline yet). So, kinda pointless. And heck... those that do the push can make a killing off of tips from those of us that are too lazy. (In the case of getting enchants from people you don't know.)

@ Michael: Yep... been saying that all along. I guess I'd just like an acknowledgment on that one like, "Yep, we're not finished. Don't give up on the professions yet." But I'd rather that they release it on time like they did this time vs. waiting 3-4 months like they did for the Burning Crusade.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem with the amount of dust required for enchants, my problem has been with the essence.

All the weapons I disenchant more often than not give me dust instead of essence which has made it difficult for me. I made 200 dust in about 4 days and finally had to start selling it off to buy essence.

Anyone else have this problem?

Leiandra said...

The "funny" thing is that weapons used to almost always provide essences and everything else was usually dust. Now it's just wonky. And I'm always out of dust. I figured it was because I skilled up my tailoring first.

Anonymous said...

My problem is with Alchemy. What's the benefit of being a transmute master if there's nothing to transmute? I've been doing the Northrend Alchemy research since a week after the expansion came out and I've never made a transmute discovery. At least with potions and elixirs you can see a constant benefit. They need to fix transmute master.