Monday, January 26, 2009

3.0.8 Broke Resting?

Just in case there is anyone out there that hasn't realized this, there's these special little place in World of Warcarft where you can "rest". You'll see little a little "zzz" up by your portrait, so you know that you're at one. In almost every questing area there's at least one of these rest areas. They are usually referred to as Inns. They are also generally buildings, but that's not always the case.

The "resting state" does a few small things for you. First of all, the longer you rest at an inn, the more rest xp you get. Rest xp awards you double the experience from killing monsters. And it is used up as you kill monsters. Resting also allows you to log out or exit the game without the annoying timer.

Well, it seems that 3.0.8 has made some of the Inns a little tempermental. I first noticed this late last week when my wife tried to log out in Zim'Torga. My level 80 mage could log out just fine, but my wife's 77 priest was not resting. I figured it was just something with her UI, but then it happened to me on my 70 shaman in Valiance Keep on my computer, so I'm pretty sure it's a bigger issue than just me.

Has anyone else had this happen to them since 3.0.8?

Now, whether or not she gained rest xp, I'm sure we will never know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i noticed that if i hearth into an inn, i have to leave it and come back in to get the zzzs. annoying but not as bad as other 3.0.8 things

Leiandra said...

I didn't say it was the worst thing... I just hadn't seen anyone "report" on it, so here I am. But makes sense about the hearthing thing. I'm pretty sure that is what our two toons did, but not sure why my 80 mage was okay. Odd.

Anonymous said...

Weird. I haven't even thought to check if my "ZZZ" were still showing up. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Leiandra said...

If you get the countdown when you try to log out there, you're not resting. It should be fairly obvious to you, unless you alt-f4 to get out of the game.

ShawndraKai said...

I noticed the same as Marf, that if I hearthed into the inn, no resting zzz's, but if I left far enough away for the area name to change (for example, I left the Razor Hill Inn, and walked over to the Razor Hill Barracks, then returned to the Inn) I would have zzz's.

I noticed this on a lowbie alt (reason for the area I offered up) and thought at first lowbies were getting no rested :)