Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Start of PVP Gear

A little while ago I used all but 500 of the arena points I've been hoarding for months to buy a [Merciless Gladiator's Spellblade]. Overall, it seemed better than the [Nathrezim Mindblade], and it gave some + hit and even some resilience. Last night, I spent almost all of the honor I've ever acquired to get [Gladiator's Silk Raiment]. I figured that since I have been enjoying battlegrounds more, that I should probably start spending some of my marks and honor to be a bit more prepared for it. It's a pretty big upgrade as far as pvp gear goes since it's almost 50 stamina more than my "normal" chest piece. And it adds a little bit more of resilience as well.

I'm still such a noob when it comes to pvp gear. I really should do more research on it. I guess for gemming, I should look at the +9 spell damage for the red gem slot, and probably the crit and spell penetration for the yellow slots. I could always sacrifice some of the red slot to get the damage and stamina one. /shrug

I guess I have to go out and find a mage/pvp blog now. Or better yet... can somebody just tell me how to gem? Man! I've gotten lazy.

5 comments:

Trollin' said...

Nah, don't get the spell penetration gem. Spell Pene is pretty worthless unless your target is actually wearing resistance armor.

If I were you and using that piece for PvP only (ie, you have another piece with better PvE stats), I'd use a Glowing Nighteye (dmg/stam) and two Steady Talasite (I think it's Steady, Stam/Resil, anyway). Resilience is incredible for PvP for clothies.

DadGuy said...

trollin has some good advice on gemming, but I'm with you. You're lazy. =)

Leiandra said...

I don't think I like you agreeing with me, anymore, dadguy. lol.

duffster said...

A great mage/PVP blog - http://criticalqq.wordpress.com/

and no, it's not mine ;)

michael k said...

+4 resil +6 stam for sure