Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Start of PVP Gear

A little while ago I used all but 500 of the arena points I've been hoarding for months to buy a [Merciless Gladiator's Spellblade]. Overall, it seemed better than the [Nathrezim Mindblade], and it gave some + hit and even some resilience. Last night, I spent almost all of the honor I've ever acquired to get [Gladiator's Silk Raiment]. I figured that since I have been enjoying battlegrounds more, that I should probably start spending some of my marks and honor to be a bit more prepared for it. It's a pretty big upgrade as far as pvp gear goes since it's almost 50 stamina more than my "normal" chest piece. And it adds a little bit more of resilience as well.

I'm still such a noob when it comes to pvp gear. I really should do more research on it. I guess for gemming, I should look at the +9 spell damage for the red gem slot, and probably the crit and spell penetration for the yellow slots. I could always sacrifice some of the red slot to get the damage and stamina one. /shrug

I guess I have to go out and find a mage/pvp blog now. Or better yet... can somebody just tell me how to gem? Man! I've gotten lazy.


Trollin' said...

Nah, don't get the spell penetration gem. Spell Pene is pretty worthless unless your target is actually wearing resistance armor.

If I were you and using that piece for PvP only (ie, you have another piece with better PvE stats), I'd use a Glowing Nighteye (dmg/stam) and two Steady Talasite (I think it's Steady, Stam/Resil, anyway). Resilience is incredible for PvP for clothies.

DadGuy said...

trollin has some good advice on gemming, but I'm with you. You're lazy. =)

Leiandra said...

I don't think I like you agreeing with me, anymore, dadguy. lol.

david said...

A great mage/PVP blog -

and no, it's not mine ;)

michael k said...

+4 resil +6 stam for sure