Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fishing With a Companion

It may sound silly, but sometimes I forget how much I enjoy fishing. There's a lot of great things you can get such as buff food and motes of water. A lot of the time, I simply fish what I fish and put the useful stuff in the guild vault; probably vendor the other stuff. I still haven't made that final push to 375 (about 330 atm), so even if I'm not fishing the special fishing nodes, I'm still make some progress.

But since I do have fish tracking and an epic flyer, I might as well put it to good use, right? So, last night, I was talking to one of our druid tanks (Hi Preeya) about her gear and she mentioned that she was out fishing. I decided to join her since 375 is an eventual goal of mine anyways.

We headed out to Nagrand and started searching for Figluster's Mudfish for her and Icefin Bluefish for me. Well, it also seems that you can catch Icefin Bluefish from the Mudfish nodes and vice-versa. So, once we were finished fishing for the night, we just swapped fish for the ones we didn't want. Now that's team work.

On a raid note: we missed killing the Bear Boss in ZA in time for the bonus because somebody got too close to the boss when we were killing the last trash mob. Oops. We one shotted the boss, so it makes it more heartbreaking, but we'll get it next time.

2 comments:

Dammerung said...

Fishing is a rather fun mini game. When you just want to play something but you want to relax.

I've often enjoyed just sitting somewhere and fishing for an hour or two.

Ardent Defender said...

/agree with dammerung

Its what i do to relax in between running instances. But for me fishing is fun, its a game all on its own.