Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lies From a Dealership

Okay, I promise this is the last thing I'll post about a car dealership. But I thought the following was hilarious and I needed to share.

Once my car was ready, they told me so and that I could pay the cashier. Nothing else was said. Nothing. So, upon signing my receipt, I get the 4-page invoice. A couple of interesting line items.

Page 1
"Customer has been advised of needed
maintenance - Problem Found - OIL PAN IS
LEAKING , CUSTOMER WAS ADVISEDDECLINED AT"

Page 2
"RPS Red - power steering system needs immediate attention"
"RBS Red - brake fluid needs immediate attention"

Page 3
"84741 INSPECTION 0.00 COMPLETED CUSTOMER DECLINED RECOMENATIONS AT
THIS TIME SEE RECOMENDATIONS"

Their typo's aside, I'm pretty sure they're saying that they told me about the problems, and I declined to have them fix them. (A) They never said anything about any problems, and (B) Yes, I would have declined for them to fix the problems, but that's not the same thing as I actually did decline.

Also of note, I'm sure they were supposed to fill in the date/time or phone number that they let me know the recommendations. I didn't selectively quote the Invoice... they simply didn't include that data on my copy of the Invoice.

After that, my next favorite part is the following (I took out the caps for readability this time): "Very soon you will receive a survey regarding your service experience. At Temecula Mazda we value your opinion. We are committed to your satisfaction. If for any reason we have not earned a 'very satisfied' rating on all the survey questions, please let us know so we may address your concerns." Oh, I will Hine Temecula Mazda, I will.

5 comments:

*vlad* said...

Interesting that lack of customer service and dishonesty is as prevalent in the US as it is in the UK.

I do not trust any person who works in a car dealership, be it in sales or servicing, to tell the truth at any time.

Shawndra said...

I have learned one thing.  Never let anyone fix my car before they tell me what is wrong.  Pretend stupidity, and see what they come up with.  My dad is a mechanic, a very honest one, and I have a decent enough knowledge of the inner workings of my car that when I take mine in, I know what to expect.  If they try and sell me something nowhere near related, I look for someone else.

Oh, and btw, /stalk   It's neat to hear where someone is from, and I'm pretty sure your Temecula is not too far from my neck of the woods. :)

Leiandra said...

*GASP*  STALKER!!!  Heh.  Yeah, as far as I know, there's only one Temecula in the world, so it's probably a pretty sure thing that you live in Southern California.  :)

So... is your dad a mechanic somewhere in the area?

Shawndra said...

If in the area means a part of Southern California, yes :)  He lives and works in Orange.  A bit of a drive for either of us for a tune up!

Garadon said...

Even though it's not like I'll have the money anytime soon, I'll make damn sure to stay away from that place.

But hey, it's pretty cool to hear about some other Temecula players, too. :)